Dark and Stormy
The Dark ’n Stormy is a simple but delicious two-ingredient cocktail of dark rum (the “dark”) and ginger beer (the “stormy”). It’s usually garnished with a lime wedge. But any way it’s served, the Dark ’n Stormy is tasty and refreshing.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- 50 ml dark rum
- 25 ml fresh lime juice plus a wedge to serve
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
- 5 ml sugar syrup optional
- 100 ml chilled ginger beer a good fiery variety
- Put all the ingredients in a Collins or Highball glass over lots of ice, stir gently and garnish with a wedge of lime.
Minty mule Take inspiration from the mojito and mix up a dark & stormy twist with 50ml dark rum, 25ml lime juice, bitters and ginger beer served over crushed ice, garnished with a wedge of lime and a fragrant sprig of mint (for best results, give the mint a clap between your palms before tucking it into the drink as this will help to release the aromatic oils). Then add two straws and enjoy.