A cross between banana bread and a drizzle cake, this easy banana loaf recipe is a quick bake that can be frozen and is great for using up overripe bananas.
- 140g butter, softened, plus extra for the tin
- 140g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 140g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 50g icing sugar
- handful dried banana chips, for decoration
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Butter a 2lb loaf tin and line the base and sides with baking parchment.
- Cream 140g softened butter and 140g caster sugar until light and fluffy, then slowly add 2 beaten large eggs with a little of the 140g flour.
- Fold in the remaining flour, 1 tsp baking powder and 2 mashed bananas.
- Pour into the tin and bake for about 30 mins until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove to a wire rack.
- Mix 50g icing sugar with 2-3 tsp water to make a runny icing.
- Drizzle the icing across the top of the cake and decorate with a handful of banana chips.