Cranberry-Brie Puff-Pastry Pops
Holiday-party season is almost here. (You know, that time of year when you spend countless hours consuming countless hors d’oeuvres?) This year, we’re skipping the boring go-tos (sorry, crudités) in favor of a way more interesting and utterly addictive app: savory cranberry-brie puff-pastry pops. These are perhaps the most grown-up—and delicious—lollipops ever.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Servings 9 pastries
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry thawed
- 1 heaping cup cranberry jam or cranberry sauce
- One 8-ounce wheel of Brie cut into 9 even chunks
- 9 cookie-pop or ice-pop sticks
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons flaky salt such as Maldon
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry to about ¼-inch thick. Use a pizza cutter to cut one sheet into 9 even squares (cut into thirds vertically, then again horizontally). Repeat with the second sheet. Set aside the second set of pastry squares.
- Working with the first set of pastry squares, place 2 tablespoons cranberry jam into the center of a square. Place a piece of Brie in the center of the jam, then skewer the Brie with a cookie-pop stick. Repeat with the remaining pastry squares in this set.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg with the water to combine. Brush a small amount of egg wash around the edges of each pastry square, then top each square with another square from the second set.
- Use the tines of a fork to press all around the edges of the finished pastries to seal them. Take extra care when sealing around the sticks.
- Brush each pastry pop with egg wash and garnish with a sprinkle of flaky salt. Transfer the pops to the prepared baking sheets and bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.